The rumors were right. Ubisoft today announced that an open beta for The Division will take place later this month. It begins February 18 on Xbox One and comes to PlayStation 4 and PC a day later. The pre-release play period, which follows a closed multiplayer last month, comes to a close on all platforms February 21.
Ubisoft also confirmed that players across Xbox One, PS4, and PC can pre-load the beta starting February 16.
The Division’s open beta will include all the content from the closed beta as well as an “all-new story mission,” though no further details were shared about this. Ubisoft also said that everyone who takes part in the beta will receive a “special in-game reward” for the full game when it arrives on March 8.
Additionally, Ubisoft released a new trailer for The Division that focuses on the game’s enemy factions, including The Rikers, Rioters, The Cleaners, and The Last Man Battalion. Check it out above.
Are you going to try The Division’s open beta later this month? Let us know in the comments below!
For more on The Division, check out some stories below.
- The Division PC Version “In Check” With PS4/Xbox One Editions, Dev Says
- The Division PC Not “Held Back,” Ubisoft Says
- The Division PS4/Xbox One Lets You Change Visual Settings to Improve Frame Rate, Dev Says
- The Division Game vs. Reality Compared in Fan Video
- The Division Free With This Logitech Gaming Keyboard
- The Division Dev Talks About 9/11’s Impact on the Game Universe
- The Division Gets 1TB Xbox One Bundle
- The Division Graphics Mod Makes Game Look Better Than Ever