EA Sports has released a new update for UFC 2 that, among other things, adds new fighters and “The Stockton Slap,” a move popularized by UFC fighters Nick and Nate Diaz. Here’s the slap in action:
— EA SPORTS UFC (@EASPORTSUFC) April 12, 2016
What exactly is The Stockton Slap? “It means you slap somebody,” Nate Diaz told Fox Sports. “That’s just what they called it. I think [commentator Mike Goldberg] made that up, the Stockton Slap.”
The UFC 2 update also adds the fighters Patrick Cote and Louis Smolka (see them in the gallery below), while there are also further tweaks to UFC Ultimate Team and improvements to the main game. The full update notes can be seen at the bottom of this post.
EA SPORTS UFC 2 April Update Patch Notes:
GAME MODE UPDATES
All-New Item Exchange: A brand new way for you to get more powerful items in UFC Ultimate Team. Exchange five (5) items in your Collection for a brand new random item that is a level higher. Exchange better items for a higher chance of getting rare fighter showcase moves items.
- Added the ability to edit a created fighter’s appearance at any time in Ultimate Team and Career Mode.
- Added the display of the winning move, the player’s best move and the opponent’s best move after an Ultimate Team fight in the post-fight menu.
- Added the ability to view more details about the fighters in Live Event fights.
- Strike Intercept: Strikes landed within the opponent’s initial wind up phase of a strike will halt them from completing their strike.
- Stockton Slap – 209 move added.
- If a parry is mistimed, the block is not activated automatically.
- Reduced speed of clinch attempts.
- Improved AI logic for submissions and game plans.
- Elbows and Punches in Muay Thai Clinch cannot intercept transition attempts.
- Swaying away from the opponent will put the fighter at risk for higher body damage.
- Bottom fighter is given Grapple Advantage after escaping finish the fight into back side.
- Increased grapple advantage is given to bottom fighter while top fighter strikes in side control
- Made the bottom fighter’s transition to side control from back side uninterruptible by strikes
- In sprawl, the bottom fighter will now slowly accumulate grapple advantage, making escapes easier the longer they are held in that position.
- Tuned damage on uppercut combos.
- Clinch and Takedown attempts punish more when denied.
- Updated Attribute/Perks/Moves for various fighters.