You’ll now have to wait longer before surrendering in Battleborn, thanks to the game’s latest update. Gearbox yesterday released a hot fix for its new shooter, resolving some of its issues, making some balance adjustments, and tweaking the rules for surrendering.
Surrenders are always a contentious issue in MOBAs, a genre which Battleborn draws heavy inspiration from. Battleborn goes the route of League of Legends and Smite by allowing players to give up mid-match, but it allows players to do so much earlier than in those games. That makes sense on account of its matches being shorter than those in proper MOBAs.
With this new hot fix, the time players now have to wait for before initiating a surrender in Versus matches has been increased from four minutes to six. If a surrender vote fails to pass, teams now need to wait at least three minutes before initiating another, as opposed to the one minute that was previously the case. This could lead to more people quitting when their teammates decline to surrender, but this should at least help to mitigate the number of times you’re asked to vote during a match just because one player believes it to be a lost cause.
Other areas addressed by the hot fix include the power of Ghalt. His level 3 Helix upgrade, Slug Rounds, now has more damage falloff, and he receives half as much bonus damage to his Scraptrap from the UPR Synchronograph item. The full patch notes for the hot fix follow at the bottom of this post.
Battleborn also this week added its first new character, Alani, but only for some players. Everyone will get access to her next week, with four more free characters still to come. This week’s Alani update also made a number of other changes.
Additionally, Gearbox has released a Shift code that guarantees you an Epic loot pack. Similar to those it offers for Borderlands, this is a code that anyone can enter in-game to receive a bonus. Simply open up the game, head into the Shift area of the Extras menu, and enter the code SC5BB-ZWHHH-RWWRB-6KXBT-BCSHZ.
Battleborn May 26 Hot Fix Patch Notes:
- Increased the time until a Surrender vote can be called from 4 minutes to 6 minutes.
- Increased the Surrender revote time from 1 minute to 3 minutes.
- Increased the damage falloff of Ghalt’s level 3 Left Helix Augment, Slug Rounds.
- Fixed an issue with the “Friction Fizz” Legendary gear.
- Reduced the bonus damage to Ghalt’s Scraptrap granted by the “U.P.R. Synchronograph” Character Legendary gear from 50% to 25%.
- Fixed an issue with the description of “Strategist’s HoldFast Recharger.”
- Fixed an issue with Bonus Shards per Second gear.