If you like the new Doom‘s arsenal enough, you’ll eventually be able to bring them into the classic Doom from 1993. Modder DBThanatos on the ZDoom forums has released a teaser for DOOM for DooM, a mod that brings the new versions of guns like the Gauss Cannon and BFG 9000 to the classic game (via PC Gamer).
The teaser shows off the Heavy Assault Rifle, Super Shotgun, Rocket Launcher, Gauss Cannon, Pulse Rifle, and the BFG 9000–however, none of these include their alternate firing modes. The regular Shotgun and Pistol, DBThanatos notes, are the only two that feature alt fires. You can check them out in the video below.
DBThanatos says he “tried to respect the firing times of Doom 4, but also balace them to [classic Doom].” He notes that Doomguy’s speed in the first game makes weapons “feel so much faster overall.” He also said he plans to improve the gore, though it won’t reach the levels of Brutal Doom, a mod that makes the game a lot more violent.
“I haven’t got bored of Doom 4’s maps,” DBThanatos said. “But I can definitely relate to the feeling of wanting to use the weapons in different map sets. Hence [DOOM for DooM].” He says on the forum post that the mod is “Coming Soon…ish.”
There’s also a Doom-branded car that’s set to hit the track this weekend. The car will be driven by Schmidt Peterson Motorsports’ Mikhail Aleshin at the Indy 500 on May 29.
You can check out more of GameSpot’s Doom coverage through the links below:
- Sean Bean Can’t Catch a Break, Even in Doom, a Game He Isn’t In
- Doom Hides These Awesome Throwback Secrets for Series Fans
- Watch Every Glory Kill in This 9-Minute Video
- PC Tips: Disable Mouse Smoothing, Skip Intro Videos, and More
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Frame Rate, Resolution Comparison
- Gears of War Designer Cliff Bleszinski Praises New Doom, But Has One Criticism