Sony has announced Ghostbusters: Answer the Call, an extended version of this summer’s reboot of the famous comedy film franchise. The new version, which contains footage not seen in the theatrical version, launches on digital platforms on September 27 and comes to Blu-ray/DVD on October 11.
There are more than three hours of bonus features on the new version, including gag reels, four deleted scenes, and eleven alternate scenes. Collider reports that there is also “over an hour” of additional extended and alternate scenes,” though we don’t know anything about their content.
The Answer the Call version also comes with filmmaker commentary and a photo gallery. Here is the full rundown of what’s included with the package, with descriptions courtesy of Sony:
- Ghostbusters Extended Edition & Theatrical Version
- 2 Hysterically Haunting Gag Reels
- 4 Unearthed deleted scenes
- 11 Totally Possessed Alternate Scenes and more than 60 minutes of additional extended and alternate scenes with Ultraviolet download
- 6 Jokes-A-Plenty alternate take reels
- 5 Supernatural Featurettes: “Chris Hemsworth is ‘Kevin'”; “The Ghosts of Ghostbusters”;
“Meet the Team”; “Visual Effects: 30 Years Later”; “Slime Time”
- Filmmaker Commentaries
- Photo Gallery
Ghostbusters came to theaters in July. The movie, which stars Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon, and Leslie Jones, made more than $217 million worldwide. A recent report suggested the planned sequel may not happen, while Sony refuted the claim that the movie will be a money-loser.