What will happen when Pokémon discover how to hack our Roombas, our security systems, or the means of production? Why would these adorable little pocket monsters even try to? Perhaps this week’s Photoshop contest can shed some light on the matter.
Fresh off the release of both a new Pokémon and a new Watch Dogs, see where your imagination takes you as you try to consider the possibilities when their two worlds collide. Take any scene from Watch Dogs 2, in-game or promotional, and throw some of these little critters in to see what havoc they wreak. Has Pikachu always wanted to ram a car into a pedestrian park? We’ll find out.
You’ll have until noon next Saturday to turn in your submissions. After that I’ll take a look and post the winner (so you can actually see them this time). Good luck!
How To Upload Images — Instructions
1. Create your ‘Shop and save it to your desktop. Images must be at least 636 pixels wide. If they aren’t, you will be shot.
2. Go to the bottom of this post
3. This brings up a comment window. Click
4. This brings up Click “Choose file” if you’re uploading your ‘shop from your desktop
5. Alternatively, you can upload the ‘Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then paste the image’s URL into the field that says “Image URL.” Note: this must be the URL of the image itself, not the page where it is displayed. That means the URL ends in .jpg, .gif, .png, whatever.
6. Add editorial commentary and hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn’t, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I promise I will look at it.
7. Large-size images may not upload properly, though we have seen some big-ass animated .gifs upwards of 5 MB. If you’re still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels, or the whole thing under 2 MB.