Bungie has released the first real post-Forsaken update for Destiny 2 on PC, PS4, and Xbox One. Unlike the two major patches we’ve seen over the past few weeks, this one (hotfix 2.0.2) doesn’t introduce new features, instead focusing on eliminating some of the nagging issues the game has suffered from.
Many of these things involve unintended functionality centered around specific items and classes. Issues have been resolved where players could make 10 Deadfall Void Anchors with the Orpheus Rigs and Moebius Quiver equipped; Shards of Galanor wasn’t giving players energy when a knife hit a distant target; Lord of Wolves would lose ammo; and the Explosive Payload dealt less damage than it should have. That’s just for starters.
For PC players, inconsistencies with certain skills have been fixed. Previously, your framerate could dictate how much health Phoenix Dive granted, while Exploding Knives could deal less damage due to the framerate.
For Titan players, leveling up the new subclass tree, Code of the Commander, will now count kills with the Sentinel Super, which should make that process easier. Bungie has addressed problems with bounties not sorting correctly in your Pursuits tab; Lost Sector bounties not registering correctly when playing in a fireteam; and an incorrect objective listing for the Fist of Judgment bounty. A number of Triumph-related bugs have also been resolved.
What isn’t fixed is the accidental weekly reset that took place over the weekend, which resulted in players not receiving Powerful rewards at the correct levels. Additionally, the Ace of Spades quest’s first step–where you are asked to get invasion kills in Gambit with a hand cannon, but must instead kill invaders–remains broken. Regarding the exploit to farm Prime engrams, Bungie recommends avoiding it, as it could cause the game to prevent you from receiving further ones for several weeks. And the Raid chests–which players managed to access despite the Raid not yet being available–have been removed, though the gear they offered won’t be taken away. These are among the variety of known issues as outlined on Bungie’s website.
For a look at everything included in hotfix 2.0.2, check out the patch notes below. We’ve also got some Forsaken tips and a review-in-progress for you to peruse. You can also see all of the new Forsaken Exotic weapons and armor we’ve discovered so far.
Destiny 2 Hotfix 2.0.2 Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue where Antaeus Wards were sometimes generating orbs when used by Sentinels
- Fixed an issue where Shards of Galanor were not giving energy back when knives hit from a long distance
- Fixed an issue where players were able to create 10 Deadfall Void Anchors using Orpheus Rigs and Moebius Quiver
- Fixed an issue where the Cloak of Remembrance would not interact properly with other objects
- Lord of Wolves
- Fixed an issue where Lord of Wolves could lose ammo
- Ace of Spades
- Fixed an issue where visual effects from the Memento Mori perk would persist when swapping weapons
- Fixed an issue where the Explosive Payload perk was dealing less damage than intended
- Fixed an issue where Thundercrash was missing some visual effects
- Fixed an issue where walking into the Dawnblade Well of Radiance while blocking with the Sentinel Shield would drain Super energy
- Fixed an issue where Sentinel Super kills would not progress the Code of the Commander subclass path
- Reduced amount of health, melee energy, and grenade energy returned when using the Sentinel Commander subclass path
- Fixed an issue where Phoenix Dive would grant alternate amounts of health due at different frame rates on PC
- Fixed an issue where Exploding Knives would deal less damage due at different frame rates on PC
Items and Economy
- Fixed an issue where boosted characters were not unlocking the Curse of Osiris or Warmind campaign triumphs
- Fixed an issue where bounties were not being sorted properly in the Pursuits section of character inventory
- Fixed an issue where Lost Sector bounties were not progressing properly when in a fireteam
- Fixed an issue where the “Fist of Judgement” bounty had an incorrect objective
- The wanted bounty for Irxis Partisan now shows the correct mug shot
- Fixed an issue where the “Relic Rumble” Triumph was not progressing properly
- Fixed an issue where “The Best Defense” Triumph was unlocking prior to completing the proper objective
- Removed a duplicate checkbox in the Mercury “Lost Sectors” Triumph
- Fixed an issue where Baron Triumphs would not unlock for players who joined an activity in progress
- Fixed an issue where the “Adventurous” triumph for Io was not granting proper Triumph score
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused players to revert to wave 1 after failing a wave and restarting it
- Players may now restart at wave 6 after completing wave 7
- Option available for 60 seconds after wave 7 completion
- Fixed an issue with Toggle ADS where players would not auto-cancel out of ADS when expected
- Fixed an issue where players in IGRs in the Korea region could no longer earn IGR bounties