During the latest Nintendo Direct presentation, it was announced that Mario Tennis Aces will receive an update that includes additional characters and the new Co-Op Challenge mode. The version 2 update is coming September 19.
As for the new characters, Birdo, Shy Guy, Koopa Paratroopa, and Petey Pirahna will join the roster of tennis aces. It was stated in the Direct that the these characters can be acquired by playing online, though it wasn’t clear what that meant. More content is scheduled to drop for Mario Tennis Aces until June 2019.
If you’re looking for new ways to play, Co-Op Challenge mode will bring up to four players together online to complete different objectives. Challenges are said to be limited-time and you can earn cosmetics such as outfits, character color schemes, and hats.
Mario Tennis Aces released back in June exclusively for the Nintendo Switch. In our review, author Justin Clark stated, “Off-beat stages and creative use of characters from the Marioverse ensure that you’ll never lose sight of simply having fun, but don’t let the adorable exterior trick you; Aces takes its unorthodox tennis very seriously.” You can also check out gameplay of Diddy Kong in Mario Tennis Aces from a previous update.
September 2018 Nintendo Direct News
- Animal Crossing On Nintendo Switch Is Finally Happening
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Is Coming To Switch In Japan As A Streaming Game
- Luigi’s Mansion 3 Announced For Nintendo Switch, Will Have 2019 Release
- Nintendo Direct Shares More Switch Online Service Details
- Katamari Damacy Remaster Coming To Nintendo Switch In 2018
- Mario Tennis Aces Adds Shy Guy And Birdo Along With Co-op Modes
- Civilization 6 For Nintendo Switch Confirmed During Nintendo Direct
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe Coming To Nintendo Switch In 2019
- Final Fantasy 12: The Zodiac Age Coming To Nintendo Switch And Xbox One
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Reveals Another Unexpected Character
- The Classics Of The Final Fantasy Series Make Their Debut On The Switch In 2019