Bungie has rolled out another patch for Destiny 2 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. This one, hotfix 18.104.22.168, fixes a handful of issues still lingering in the game following the release of the Forsaken expansion, but the most notable change it makes has to do with how to get your hands on Cayde-6’s Exotic hand cannon, the Ace of Spades.
The aforementioned gun is the reward you earn for completing the Cayde’s Will quest. You first receive it after clearing the Forsaken campaign, but in order to restore the gun to working condition, you’ll need to complete a few more tasks before you’re actually able to wield it. One of these involves using a hand cannon in Gambit to kill five invaders–other players who infiltrate your side during the mode.
What makes this step particularly difficult is that invaders take more damage to bring down, and any kills you score if you’re the invading player aren’t counted toward your total. Fortunately, with this latest hotfix, Bungie has simplified the requirements; now, you can complete the step by killing either invaders or general enemies, making it much easier to progress through the quest.
The Ace of Spades is a powerful gun capable of dishing out a ton of damage in Crucible, making it worth your while to complete Cayde’s Will and obtain it. If you need help finishing the quest, we’ve outlined all the steps you need to complete in our guide on how to get the Ace of Spades.
In addition to that, hotfix 22.214.171.124 makes some changes to Heroic adventures and the Dreaming City; now, you only need two weekly bounty completions for the latter’s weekly challenge. The patch also resolves a couple of weapon issues pertaining to the BrayTech Legendary Scout Rifle and Origin Story. You can find the full patch notes, courtesy of Bungie’s website, below.
Destiny 2 Hotfix 126.96.36.199 Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue where Barons were providing Legendary rewards outside of Heroic adventures
- Barons in Heroic adventures now reward one guaranteed Legendary per day
- Subsequent kills grant Legendary rewards at a reduced rate
- The Offering to the Oracle now sorts to the Pursuits bucket, rather than Consumables
- Removed the weekly bounty that required players to redeem an Offering for the Oracle
- The Dreaming City weekly challenge now requires only two weekly bounty completions
- Fixed an issue where some enemies would improperly spawn chests after being killed
- Players can no longer obtain Dreaming City rewards when repeating the Awakening mission
- Fixed an issue where Telesto could be used to accelerate progression of objectives in the Blind Well
- Fixed an issue where players can get stuck with the Origin Story or the Last Dance weapons if they use the character level boost after obtaining them in Homecoming
- Fixed an issue where BrayTech Legendary Scout Rifle dismantled into Mod Components