Bungie has updated Destiny 2 with the new hotfix 18.104.22.168 patch. The update primarily addresses several of the bugs that have plagued the game since the release of the Forsaken expansion, but also lowers the difficulty curve of certain quests.
Perhaps the most noticeable change to the game is the update made to Gambit, specifically the Cayde’s Will quest. Previously, one of the steps for completing the mission and unlocking Cayde’s trademark hand cannon Ace of Spades required you to kill invading players with hand cannons. Thanks to the hotfix, you can now kill invading players or general enemies to complete the quest, which is both easier and faster. Rejoin functionality has also been turned off in Gambit.
Hotfix 22.214.171.124 also updates Heroic adventures, the Dreaming City, and weapons and items. The full patch notes can be found on Bungie’s main website, but we’ve outlined the highlights below. If you’re looking for something new to do in-game, you can hit up Xur.
Destiny 2 Hotfix 126.96.36.199 Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue where Barons were providing Legendary rewards outside of Heroic adventures
- Barons in Heroic adventures now reward one guaranteed Legendary per day
- Subsequent kills grant Legendary rewards at a reduced rate
- The Offering to the Oracle now sorts to the Pursuits bucket, rather than Consumables
- Removed the weekly bounty that required players to redeem an Offering for the Oracle
- The Dreaming City weekly challenge now requires only two weekly bounty completions
- Fixed an issue where some enemies would improperly spawn chests after being killed
- Players can no longer obtain Dreaming City rewards when repeating the Awakening mission
- Fixed an issue where Telesto could be used to accelerate progression of objectives in the Blind Well
- Fixed an issue where players can get stuck with the Origin Story or the Last Dance weapons if they use the character level boost after obtaining them in Homecoming
- Fixed an issue where BrayTech Legendary Scout Rifle dismantled into Mod Components
Destiny 2 is available on Xbox One, PS4, and PC. Despite the bugs, we’re currently enjoying our time playing through the Forsaken expansion. In our in-progress Destiny 2: Forsaken review, we gave the DLC an 8/10. We’ll be updating our review after playing through Forsaken’s new Last Wish Raid.