Everyone loves a rogue, which probably explains why Han Solo has always been one of the most beloved characters in the Star Wars universe. With Solo: A Star Wars Story, the smuggler finally has a movie to call his own. Set before the events of the original trilogy, Solo tells the story of how Han meets Chewie, acquires the Millennium Falcon, and starts a rocky relationship with Lando Calrissian. The movie has already landed on digital platforms, and it’s coming to 4K and Blu-ray on September 25.
You can check out our Solo: A Star Wars Story review to see our thoughts on the film, but if you’re ready to lock down a copy for yourself, you’ll probably want to know where you can get the best deal. Below, we break down what comes with each edition of the movie, where you can buy it, how much it costs, and what special features come with it.
Solo: A Star Wars Story Digital Edition
You might not be able to set a digital copy of Solo on your movie shelf, but you don’t have to get up to put in the disc when you want to watch the movie. Here’s where you can order the digital version and how much it costs.
Solo: A Star Wars Story 4K Ultra HD
The 4K UHD version of Solo also comes with a regular Blu-ray copy, as well as a digital code.
Solo: A Star Wars Story Blu-Ray
The Blu-ray version of the film also comes with a digital code.
The movie is available at a couple of retailers in exclusive editions. Here they are.
- Best Buy – Best Buy has a special edition 4K UHD and Blu-ray copy that comes in an exclusive steelbook case. You can buy it here for $35.
- Target – Target is selling an exclusive edition that comes with the movie on 4K UHD, Blu-ray, and digital, along with a filmmaker gallery and storybook. It costs $33, and you can buy it here.
No movie is complete without bonus features. Here’s the list of extras, according to Disney:
- Solo: The Director & Cast Roundtable–Sit down with director Ron Howard and the stars for an intimate and entertaining discussion of the film’s making.
- Team Chewie–See what it takes to bring your favorite Wookiee to life in this lighthearted look behind the scenes.
- Kasdan on Kasdan–Iconic Star Wars screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan and son Jonathan share what it was like to write the movie’s script together.
- Remaking the Millennium Falcon–Track the transformation of the most famous ship in the galaxy, from Lando’s swank and impeccable pride and joy to Han’s stripped-down hot-rod freighter with “special modifications.”
- Escape from Corellia–Get behind the wheel for the making of this high-octane chase through the streets of Corellia.
- The Train Heist–Explore the challenges and thrills of creating this action-packed sequence, including its remote location and spectacular effects.
- Becoming a Droid: L3-37–Meet the newest droid–and the talented actor who helps bring her to life.
- Scoundrels, Droids, Creatures and Cards: Welcome to Fort Ypso–Take an in-depth tour of the rough-and-tumble bar where strangers mix and gamblers risk all in the legendary card game, Sabaac.
- Into the Maelstrom: The Kessel Run–Join Han and Chewie at the controls of the Millennium Falcon to see how this legendary moment in Star Wars history unfolds.
- Deleted Scenes
- Proxima’s Den
- Corellian Foot Chase
- Han Solo: Imperial Cadet
- The Battle of Mimban: Extended
- Han Versus Chewie: Extended
- Snowball Fight!
- Meet Dryden: Extended
- Coaxium Double-Cross
- The Millennium Falcon: From Page to Park–An exclusive look at the history of the most famous ship in the galaxy, its origin and development, and how it will translate in one of the most anticipated expansions in Disneyland’s history.