Treyarch has released another update for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4. This one balances Zombies mode and launches the Black Market across all platforms.
At Black Ops 4’s launch, Zombies was slightly unfair for anyone tackling the mode solo or in a team of two. This new update primarily makes the game mode a little bit easier for players who don’t have a full team of four, but it also adjusts Elixirs that were either overpowered or underpowered. According to the update’s patch notes, solo players and two-person teams will now earn experience more quickly, and last zombie bleed-out time will be twice as long. Hellhounds also won’t spawn as often in Blood of the Dead and Classified during mixed rounds, and players will be able to use four unique Elixirs per round from now on.
The update also makes the Black Market live across all platforms, so every Black Ops 4 player can now start earning the items offered in Operation: First Strike. The Black Market contains items specifically for multiplayer and Blackout, including signature weapons, gestures, outfits, calling cards, tags, stickers, and new characters. Starting October 27, a limited-time Halloween event will go live that offers cosmetic items with a “spooky seasonal” theme.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is available on Xbox One, PS4, and PC.
Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4 October 26 Update Patch Notes
- Black Market and Operation: First Strike now live on all platforms.
- Resolved a delay in displaying Black Market reward images in the After Action Report.
- General stability fixes and improvements across Multiplayer, Zombies, and Blackout.
- Doubled the bleed-out timer on the last zombie per round from 5 to 10 minutes.
- Increased the XP earn rate in solo and 2-player matches.
- Reduced frequency of Hellhounds that spawn on mixed rounds in Blood of the Dead and Classified.
- Increased maximum unique Elixir usage per round from 3 to 4.
- Decreased cooldown time on Common, Rare, Legendary, and Epic Elixirs.
- Decreased effective time on Aftertaste Elixir.
- Reduced effectiveness of Head Scan Elixir.
- Increased cooldown time on Classic Elixirs to balance increased last zombie bleed-out time.
- Adjusted cooldown for all Elixirs in Rush Mode.
- Corrected the Elixir cooldown reduction effect granted by the Time Slip Perk.
- Resolved an issue preventing players from completing the “Coming Through” Challenge.
- Resolved an issue where the “Up Close” and “Death Slider” Prestigious Challenges would reward the same Calling Card.
- Resolved a crash that occurred when triggering Brain Rot on underwater Zombies.
- Resolved an issue where joining a match after a round switch would record a Loss if your team lost the match.
- Resolved an issue preventing the Reactive Camo for the GKS Damascus from properly unlocking.
- Resolved an issue allowing the Access Denied Camo for the Strife to display as brighter than intended.