|Design Director *Leading Mobile Games Developer*||Design Director / Manager
|Are you a talented Lead Designer/Design Director looking for your next challenge? Are you looking for something a little different? How about upping sticks, leaving it all behind (or taking it all with you if you wish) and heading to the truly stunning land of New Zealand with its rich and fascinating blend of history that reflects a unique mix of European and Maori culture. The incredible landscape allows for a wide variety of outdoor activities: golf, rugby (goes without saying), mountain biking/climbing, abseiling, water rafting the list goes on. These two islands offer so much potential and a first class way of life that as of this very moment approximately 70% of the studios staff hails from far away shores – currently there are 21 different nationalities and counting!
So we’ve gone into a little detail on the location – but what about the company? After a period of just under 15 years continuous sustained growth, these guys today employ just under 7000 staff across the globe and are recognised as a key player in the industry.
Primarily as the Design Director it will be your responsibility to: (including but not limited to)
• Successfully manage the design team for a studio that are often found working on multiple projects concurrently.
• Work in close collaboration with global team of studio directors and development teams ensuring consistently high level production expectations.
• Assign, organise and plan resources in association with relevant Producers.
• Foresee recruitment needs of games designers and participate in the recruitment process.
• Must have a minimum of 3 shipped titles (seen through from concept to completion) under your belt in the capacity of Lead Designer, Design Director and or Creative Director.
• A minimum of 5 years experience in games development
• Superb command of the English language (written and verbal)
• Demonstrable experience successfully motivating and inspiring creative teams to deliver high quality content to tight deadlines.
• At ease/proven experience of selling/pitching ideas clearly and succinctly
• Superb organisational aptitude
• Mobile games development experience
**A detailed job specification is available upon request**
Contact me today to discuss your application in confidence.